Friday, May 18, 2012
Fruit 'n' Cream Salad
16 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cool whip
3 oz. jello (your choice of flavor to match fruit)
4 cups fresh fruit, sliced (or 20 oz. frozen fruit, thawed)
Mix sour cream, Cool Whip, and dry jello until well-blended. Refrigerate for one hour. Fold in fresh fruit before eating.
* LeAnne's note: If using frozen fruit, you may need more dry jello.
* Kar's note: I haven't ever used this with frozen fruit, so I'm not sure how much more dry jello you'll need. I'll do some experimenting and update this entry. ALSO, there have been times that I haven't waited an hour before folding in the fruit, and it's been totally fine.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
I'm not sure where Ben got this recipe, but it is amazing. Our ward has a chili and cornbread cook-off each fall, and Ben's cornbread won a couple of years ago. It's moist and soooo delicious.
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or grapeseed oil, if you have it)
1/4 cup melted butter
2 1/2 cup buttermilk
2 beaten eggs
Cinnamon Honey Butter:
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients, mix well, and make a well in the center. Set aside.
3. Beat together eggs, oil, butter, and milk.
4. Pour into the well. Stir just until dry bits are moistened.
5. Pour into a sprayed or lightly buttered 9X13 pan.
6. Bake 45 minutes. Cover with foil for the last half hour.
7. Serve with cinnamon honey butter.
To make up butter:
Combine butter, honey, and cinnamon. Mix in mixer until light and fluffy.