Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pear-Lime Salsa

I was looking for something to go with some chicken enchiladas I made last night. (They were a new recipe, and I kind of felt...meh...about them, so I'm not putting them on here.  They're not shimmy-worthy.)  Anywho, I was making dinner for both my family and another family, so I wanted to make it nice and actually have three dishes on the plate instead of our normal two.  So I made this salad to go with it - which is one of my faaaaavorite Mexican salads, and then I saw a recipe for pear-lime salsa.  I thought it would be a perfect salsa for winter, with the pears and the lime juice and all. 
You can chop up the stuff and mix it all together, or you can throw it in the blender to mix it all together.  I like my salsa more runny, so I chose the blender.  If you make it chunky, it might not last overnight, since pears brown so quickly.  But my runny version is still looking and smelling very fresh today, which is great.

Pear-Lime Salsa

Makes 2 cups

2 medium shallots
1 poblano chili pepper, stemmed and seeded
2 pears, halved and cored
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp. achiote powder or 3/8 tsp. chili flakes



No comments:

Post a Comment