Friday, August 10, 2012

Hamburger and Green Bean Casserole

I got this recipe from one of my roommates back in college.  I'm so sorry you can't see the hamburger!  It's in there, I promise.  This is a great way to use up green beans from your garden - I picked several thousand green beans from my mom's garden this week.  Yummmm.

Hamburger and Green Bean Casserole

1 lb. hamburger
1/4 of an onion, chopped
1 can of drained green beans, or 2 cups of fresh steamed green beans
1 bag of frozen tater tots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk

Brown hamburger.  Add onion and cook until the onions are tender.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Put the hamburger in the bottom of a 9X13 pan.  Lay green beans on top.  Put the frozen tater tots on top of the green beans.  Mix the soup and milk together, then pour over the tater tots.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment