Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cumin-Oregano Chicken

Sorry, dude, I forgot to take a picture of the chicken when it was done, so you get a picture of the rub I used. :) 

I got this recipe from Real Simple magazine (one of Ben's favorites) from October.  And dude, it was YUMMY.  Even my toddler ate this chicken, and he usually hates chicken.  Or any other kind of protein except for bologna and peanut butter.  So we were really happy with this.  I've doubled the recipe, since we're cooking for six.

Cumin-Oregano Chicken

2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

This recipe makes enough to season 3 pounds of protein.  Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.  Just before cooking, sprinkle the rub on the protein, pressing gently to help it adhere.  Cook in a 9X13 pan for one hour at 350 degrees. 

This can be used on any lean protein, from a fish fillet to a pork tenderloin.  I just did this with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment