Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thumbprint Cookies

 Oh baby.  These are so good.  I might have to go snatch a couple before I pick up my son from preschool.
These are fantastic when you're looking to kind of...get rid of all that extra jam and jelly sitting in your fridge.  I end up accumulating a lot of jam and jelly.  People give it to me, plus I use it in some of my marinades.  I currently have orange marmalade, strawberry jam, peach jam, and apricot/pineapple jam. 

So I decided to whip up a batch of these puppies.  They're sooooo good.

Thumbprint Cookies

makes 2 dozen

1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
jam or jelly, any flavor

Mix margarine, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla.  Sift flour and salt, then add to the sugar mixture.  Roll dough into balls.  Beat egg whites slightly with fork.  Dip balls into egg whites.  Roll in nuts.   Place at least an inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.  Press thumb gently into center of each.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  After they cool, fill them with the jams or jellies of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment