Monday, July 4, 2011

Klea's Chili


Speaking of Ida, here is one of my favorite recipes of hers, for chili. It's so easy, it's sinful. And it's amazing. I've tweaked it a little bit, but it's mainly the same.

And who is Klea? Um, I don't know.

Klea's Chili

1 lb. browned hamburger
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can creamed corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can beef broth
1 can tomato sauce
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 small can chopped olives

Combine all of the above ingredients and simmer for one hour, stirring often.

*Note - sometimes, I don't simmer it for an hour. I just make sure it's heated through. Just depending on how hungry my kids are. :) And it's always been fine. Also, I love serving this with chopped cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheese on top. Cilantro and I are in love. We're going to get married. It makes EVERYTHING better.

No comments:

Post a Comment