Monday, July 4, 2011

Veggie Dip

There's a well-known lady in our city named Ida H. She holds some kind of public office right now - I'm so un-political that I don't even know what she does. Sad. Anyways. Before she became County Such-and-Such Ida H, she was just my ward's Ida H. She was camp director when I was a teeny little Beehive. And she made sure we had the BEST food for camp. Everyone knows that Ida is a good cook.

She typed up some of her more-famous recipes into a book, and she gives copies of the book as wedding gifts. Best wedding gift I've ever gotten. This is her veggie dip recipe.

And, as a testimonial to how good it is, my mom brought it to my son's baptism party yesterday, and two people asked for the recipe. She wrote it down on paper towels for them, because I packed up all our paper. :)

I'm really naughty - I not only serve this with veggies, but I also love to dip potato chips in it. And sliced cheese. And pickles. So, when I dish some veggie dip up, I get a teeny bit of vegetables, and then TONS of potato chips, cheese, and pickles. Naughty Kar.

Ben once asked what was in my veggie dip. When I mentioned "Dill," he said, "I thought you hated dill."

"No, I like dill."

"Didn't you say that dill stinks?"

"No, that's cumin. It smells like B.O. But I still use it."

Then we looked up and saw my son, Dylan (Dyl) in the doorway, staring at us, agape. "You HATED me??? You think I stink??" he asked, staring at me with wet eyes.

I gave him dozens of hugs and kisses and told him that, no, I have never hated him. Ever. And that he doesn't stink. :)

Veggie Dip
1 cup mayo
8 oz sour cream
1 Tbsp. minced onion
1 tsp. dill weed
1 1/2 tsp. Bon Appetit (McCormick)

Mix all ingredients together and serve with veggies. Badda-bing, badda-boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment