Monday, July 4, 2011

Veggie Pizza


Oh baby. I love this recipe so very, very much. It's perfect for summer. And it's making my mouth water right now, just thinking about it. It's the Ranch. I am soooooooooo in love with Ranch dressing. I have it with everything.

Funny story about Ranch dressing. I went to England when I was 20 for a study abroad thingey for four months. Best time of my life. Loved it.

Didn't love the food so much.

Those people haven't even heard of Ranch dressing. Poor things. We went out to some restaurant a couple of weeks after we got there, and I ordered a pizza. I soooo wanted Ranch to go with my pizza. So I ask the waitress if I can have some Ranch dressing on the side.

She looked at me quizzically. "Fronch?"

"French? Uh, no. Ranch."

"Bah-beque?"

"No. Ranch. Ranch dressing."

"Sohlsa?"

"Salsa? No, no, no. It's white. It's.... normal. You put it on salads."

She had no idea what I was talking about. This happened at every restaurant. I learned to stop asking. And I had to go Ranch-less for four months. It was hard for me.

Um, I've had this recipe for so long, I don't even remember who I got it from. Hm.

Veggie Pizza

Grease a large cookie sheet. Thaw one loaf of frozen Rhoades bread. Flatten it out for the crust on the cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 13 mins.

Mix together:
1/2 cup mayo
8 oz cream cheese
2 tsp. dry ranch dressing mix
1 Tbsp. liquid ranch dressing

Spread this mixture on the cooled crust. Then add on top:
1 1/4 cups grated carrots
2 1/4 cups cut up broccoli.

Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese.

*Note - obviously, put on the veggies you like. This combo is just my favorite. My sis, Nat, puts on cauliflower. I have problems with cauliflower. The texture gives me the heebie-jeebies. I'm a picky foodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment