Wednesday, May 16, 2012
I'm not sure where Ben got this recipe, but it is amazing. Our ward has a chili and cornbread cook-off each fall, and Ben's cornbread won a couple of years ago. It's moist and soooo delicious.
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or grapeseed oil, if you have it)
1/4 cup melted butter
2 1/2 cup buttermilk
2 beaten eggs
Cinnamon Honey Butter:
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients, mix well, and make a well in the center. Set aside.
3. Beat together eggs, oil, butter, and milk.
4. Pour into the well. Stir just until dry bits are moistened.
5. Pour into a sprayed or lightly buttered 9X13 pan.
6. Bake 45 minutes. Cover with foil for the last half hour.
7. Serve with cinnamon honey butter.
To make up butter:
Combine butter, honey, and cinnamon. Mix in mixer until light and fluffy.