Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Buttermilk Pie

Dude.  How is this not on my recipe blog yet???  I had some extra buttermilk in the fridge, and I thought, I'm going to whip me up a buttermilk pie.  So I hopped onto this blog and looked and looked and was like, wait.  How have I not put this on here???  Whaaaa?  My FAVORITE dessert of all time!!  Not on my recipe blog!

I'm sorry, Buttermilk Pie.  I have failed you.  But now I will share you with the world.  And anyone who tries you will be immediately converted to your amazingness.

So you think, Buttermilk pie?  Ew.  I know, right?  But you don't taste buttermilk when you eat it.  You taste a lemon custardey taste.  It's amazing.  Try it.  Try it.  Try it.

Buttermilk Pie

Combine 1 1/3 cups sugar and 3 Tbsp flour.  Beat 2 eggs thoroughly and add to sugar-flour mixture.  Add 1/2 cup melted margarine (yes, butter will work just fine) and 1 cup buttermilk.  Mix well.  Fold in 2 tsp. vanille and 1 tsp lemon extract.  (Nope, lemon juice doesn't work.  You have to have the extract.)  Pour into one 9 inch unbaked pastry shell. Preheat oven and bake at 425 for the first 10 minutes.  Without opening the oven door, reduce temperature to 350 and bake 45 minutes longer.  Makes one pie.

*  If doubling the recipe and cooking two pies at once, still cook at 425 for the first 10 minutes.  When you turn the temperature down to 350, cook for one hour instead of the 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment