Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cherry Coke Jello Salad

I was on the phone with my sister when I was making this the other day, and she laughed.  I asked her what was so funny.  She lives in Buffalo, New York, where there aren't very many Mormons.  Therefore, there isn't very much jello hanging around.  It's this weird phenomenon - where you have Mormons, you're gonna have jello.  She said that, when people she works with over there find out she's a Mormon, they all say stuff about jello to her.  "Oh, so you must make a lot of jello..."  She and this one dude were in a little joking tiff about something or other, and he goes, "So what are you going to do to me - make me some jello?"  I thought it was funny.

This recipe involves my favorite thing in the world - coke.

Cherry Coke Jello Salad

1 (15 oz) can dark bing cherries, cut in half
1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple
2 (3 oz) packages of cherry jello
1 (12 oz) can coke

Drain juices from the fruit into a large saucepan.  Heat them until they simmer.  Dissolve the jello in the juice, mixing well.  Add cola and fruit, stirring well.  Pour into a pretty large dish - I had to use my casserole dish for this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment