Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cranberry Bog Turkey Burgers

I saw this in People Magazine a few months ago and knew I had to have it.  It tastes as amazing as it looks.  It's a Rachel Ray recipe.

My mom was over the other day, and I made wayyy too many of these for our family to eat, so I offered her some.  She was like, "Nahhhh.  Turkey burgers?  I don't know...."  But then I said, "You serve them on English muffins instead of hamburger buns...."  And she paused mid-sentence.  "English muffins?" she asked, eyes wide with desire. 

I talked her into taking some home, and she didn't regret it.

Cranberry Bog Turkey Burgers

Serves 4

2 Tbsp. butter
1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
1 rib celery, finely chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
1 rounded tsp. poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
vegetable oil, for drizzling
1 cup prepared whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup mayo
4 English muffins, split and toasted
8 leaves Bibb lettuce

1.  Heat butter in a skilled over medium-high heat.  Add apple and next 3 ingredients; season with salt and pepper.  Cook until softened, 6 to 7 minutes.  Transfer to a bowl; cool.
2.  Add turkey to cooled apple mix; season with salt and pepper; mix thoroughly.  Score mixture into 4 equal portions and form patties.  Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook burgers, flipping once, 10 to 12 minutes, or until juices run clear.
3.  In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and mayo.  Spread may on toasted muffins.  Add burgers and lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment