Monday, November 14, 2011

Cranberry Salad


So this salad is more of a creamy fruit salad. If you want something cranberryish, but creamy instead of jelloey, this is the one for you. I think I got this one from my mom, maybe??

Cranberry Salad

Ingredients:

1 (12 oz) pkg. fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 pomegranate, seeded
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped pecans
1 pint heavy whipping cream
7 oz miniature marshmallows

Directions:

1. Coarsely chop the cranberries in a food processor; put in a large, non-metal bowl and mix in the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.

2. Whip the cream until stiff. Add the pineapple, pomegranate seeds, and nuts to the cranberries, mix well. Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows; refrigerate until ready to serve.

* Note: I didn't let the cranberries sit in the sugar for 12 hours - I didn't have that kind of time. So I just went ahead and mixed everything together, and it still turned out wonderfully yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment