Monday, November 21, 2011

Crock Pot Roasted Beef Medallions


'Sup?

My mom gave us a bunch of beef medallions that she got for a steal a few months ago (Obviously, they've been frozen this whole time). And I was grateful, because food is so stinkin' expensive lately. I wanted to throw them in the crock pot on a Sunday, so I looked up some recipes and found the one below from Spark Recipes. I actually had all of the other ingredients on hand, so it was perfect. And YES, I do sometimes cook with red wine. My mom thinks it's abominable. As long as the alcohol cooks out, I'm good with it. Alcohol makes meat taste AMAZING.

Crock pot Roasted Beef Medallions with Vegetables a la Red Wine

Ingredients
    8 beef medallions (4 oz. no fat)
    3 carrots, sliced
    1 large potato, sliced
    3 celery stalks, chopped
    0.5 onion, sliced
    2 garlic cloves, pressed
    2 tsp of Yellow Mustard
    1 tbsp of Whole Wheat Flour
    1 cup of Red Wine
    1 tbsp of Olive Oil
    0.5 cup of Water
    1 dash of Rosemary
    Salt and Pepper to the taste
Directions

Put the flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag, put the medallions and shake evenly.

In a hot pan, heat the oil and brown the medallions on every side. Cover them with mustard and reserve.

Put the vegetables in layers inside the crock pot, add the garlic cloves and season, put the meat evenly distributed, ad the red wine, the water and sprinkle some rosemary above, cover and cook. Cook in your crock pot on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours.

Serve with a cup of brown rice to complete a delicious meal.

Number of Servings: 8

3 comments:

  1. how long do you cook it in the crockpot? and on low or high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lex, is this you? :) You are usually "unknown" on comments. My crock pot is a little different - you set the hours you want it to be done cooking, and it cooks the meal within that amount of time. But I did some searching online and what I've learned is that, with beef, it's best to cook it on Low for 6 hours, or High for 4 hours. I'll edit this post to reflect those times for crock pots with low/high settings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be trying this out today. Thank's for posting it

    ReplyDelete