Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cinnamon Applesauce Salad



This is my utmost favorite jello salad. Whenever I make it for potlucks, people stare at it like, "Whaaaa??" And when I tell them that it's a jello made with cinnamon candy and applesauce, they stare at me like, "Whaaaaaa??" Trust me. This is the best jello you will ever eat. And you'll want to make it at least once a week for the rest of your LIFE!!

Cinnamon-Applesauce Salad

1/2 cup (4 oz) red hots candy
2 cups boiling water
6 oz. lemon jello
2 cups applesauce
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
1 small jar marshmallow cream
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Boil red hots in water. Then mix in jello. Add applesauce. Pour into a 9X9 inch pan and let it softset for one hour. Mix the cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and lemon juice. Swirl only 3/4 of this mixture into the applesauce mixture so that it looks marbley. Then let it hard set. The extra marshmallow cream mixture is really good for a fruit dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment