Friday, January 6, 2012

Chicken Divan


Yeah, I got this picture from SkinnyTaste. My own picture was horrific, as usual.

This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I remember my freshman year at college, a guy I really, really liked wanted to hang out one night, and I made this for him. He was impressed. And he needn't have been, because this is one of the simplest recipes I have. I got it from my mommy.

Oh, and he didn't end up being that impressed with me, by the way. Which is okay, I know now. C'est la vie. :)

Chicken Divan

1 pkg. chicken breasts - maybe 2 1/2 lbs to 3 lbs.
1 pkg. frozen broccoli florets, OR 2-3 stalks of broccoli, chopped up, with the stalk part thrown away. We just want the fun floret part.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 T. lemon juice
grated parmesan cheese
bread crumbs, OR bread that you cube up yourself in 1/2 inch cubes or so.

Cook chicken and shred or cube it. Thaw the frozen broccoli, or if you're using fresh broccoli, steam it for ten minutes. Combine soup, mayo, curry powder, and lemon juice. In casserole dish or 9X13 pan, put broccoli first. The next layer is the chicken. Then you pour the soup mixture over all of it. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs or bread cubes. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment