Friday, January 6, 2012

Shredded Potato Casserole



This isn't exactly what mine looks like when it's done, but it's as close as I could find. I forgot to snap a picture of this when I made it last week to go with some leftover spiral-cut ham.

I also got this recipe from Joan, my dear friend's mom.

Shredded Potato Casserole

Peel & shred 3-4 medium potatoes. Place in colander and rinse for a reeeeeally long time, like maybe three minutes or so. Be really thorough. Put potatoes in layers in your casserole dish - one layer, then tons of salt (more than if you were salting something just to taste), then potatoes, then salt, etc. until you get to the top of your dish. Then, pour one pint of whipping cream over the potatoes. Bake 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees, or 2 hours at 325 degrees. Cover for soupy or uncover for unsoupy. I like mine unsoupy.

This stuff is to die for. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment