Sunday, March 4, 2012

Banana Nut Bread


Look, an actual picture that I took!!! My lens focused correctly! It's a miracle!

So I found these in my cupboard the other day:

I was like, "Weird. I don't remember buying these..." I had some overripe bananas that I wanted to turn into banana bread, and I felt like using these instead of my standard walnuts.

And can I just say....SCORE!! Wow. This is going to be my new standard - using glazed pecans in banana nut bread. Amazing.

I told Ben about these pecans that had seemingly magically appeared in my cupboard, like manna from heaven, and he said, "Oh. That was me. I had bought those before I left. I thought they'd be good." You thought right, my hubby.

I got this recipe from my BFF's mom, Bethie. I still have it written down on a piece of paper with musical notes on it that I got from her house.

Banana Nut Bread

makes 3 loaves

5 cups flour
2 cups sugar
7 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp veggie oil
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 cups chopped nuts
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (6 medium bananas or so)

Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour three 9X5X3 loaf pans. Mix all ingredients together. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment