Sunday, March 4, 2012

Homemade Oreos


My younger sis, Lex, is getting more into cooking (which I think is adorable, by the way), and sometimes she refers to this blog when looking for something to cook. She asked the other day if she could contribute recipes to this site that she found shimmy-worthy. I readily agreed. She sent this recipe my way (which she got from my other sis, Nat), which I have also tried and found shimmy-worthy - I've just been too busy to put it up. But now, with two shimmy-worthy yeas, it must go up immediately. Then it must be cooked immediately and eaten immediately. That's how I feel about it.

OREO COOKIES

2 packages Devil’s food cake mix

4 eggs

1 ½ cups butter

1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together. Roll into little balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Filling: 8 oz. cream cheese, ½ cup butter, 1 package (not quite all) of powdered sugar.

Spread filling between two cookies.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these too. A friend and I experimented with different kinds of cake mix. The lemon ones are really good. With a lemon cake mix and cream filling - yum!

    ReplyDelete