Friday, February 3, 2012

Judy Rose's Green Salad


Dang it, I made this Tuesday night and forgot to take a pic. Which is a shame, because I cannot find one picture on the internet that seems to represent what's in it. This is as close as I could get. And it's not that close. I'll get a new picture on here soon, I promise.

Who's Judy Rose? No clue! This is one of my mom's oldest recipes. It is one of my utmost favorite salads.

Judy Rose's Green Salad

1 head lettuce, torn
1/3 red onion, diced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can sliced water chestnuts (I don't put these in. Water chestnuts make me yak. Just sayin'.)
3-4 avocados, cubed
1 small can sliced olives
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 lb swiss cheese, shredded

dressing
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp celery seed
3/4 tsp. wet mustard
3/4 tsp. grated red onion
3/4 tsp. salt

No comments:

Post a Comment