Thursday, February 2, 2012

Karlene's Prosciutto Tortellini


Yoooooooooo! Rescue Pack, here!!! (If any of you watch Nick Jr. while you do your daughter's hair, you'll know what show that's from.)

My mama is out of town this week, and my dad came over a couple of times for dinner while she was gone. We had a good little exchange of services - I made dinner for him to eat, and after dinner, he watched my kids while I went to spinning class. It was wonderful.

Tonight, I made tortellini, and he adored it and told me to send my mom the recipe. I figured, since I need to type it up anyways, it's going on this here blog. Because it is definitely shimmy-worthy. And not only to me. It's shimmy-worthy to my dad, too.

There is a gal in my ward named Karlene - actually, there are two gals in my ward named Karlene. And I'm Karlenn, and there are two Carolyns. True story. Anyways, Karlene brought this to a Relief Society luncheon once, and I went back for seconds and thirds of this stuff. And then I called her and got this recipe.

And by the way, Karlene is really cool. I figure it's because her name starts with "Kar." Anyone whose name starts with "Kar" is cool. :)

Karlene recommends serving this with red snapper. Since any kind of seafood makes me yak, I served it tonight with Cherry Pie Jello. Which I made wrong, and it didn't set. Sad. But if you like red snapper, then go for it!

Karlene's Prosciutto Tortellini

2 20-oz pkg. refrigerated tortellini (I use Buitoni's)
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups half & half
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
20 thin slices of prosciutto, chopped (or deli ham. Or cubed ham. I used cubed ham tonight - about 16 oz. of it did the trick)
20 oz froz peas, thawed
1/2 tsp white pepper

Cook tortellini according to pkg. directions. In skillet, mix flour and cream until smooth. Stir in cheese. Cook and stir until thick. Reduce heat. Drain tortellini. Put in skillet with the cheese sauce. Add prosciutto, peas, and pepper. Cook until heated through.

* This makes a TON. If you have a smaller family, definitely half it.

No comments:

Post a Comment