Friday, February 3, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole



I really do hate fish, but there are three fish meals I can eat - Hibachi Shrimp at Benihana, Salmon Patties, and Tuna Noodle Casserole. Well, I guess it's four meals - tuna sandwiches, too. I grew up on tuna. So I guess I'm used to it. But we never really had good fish growing up.

My hubby HATES tuna. So I only make Tuna Noodle Casserole when he's not around. It's a great meal for when you're at the end of the month and out of money. :) Nice and inexpensive to make.

Tuna Noodle Casserole

* Note - this recipe is typed doubled and needs two casserole dishes. If you have a smaller family, half it and just use one casserole dish.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients:
5 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
2 cans tuna, drained
10 oz frozen peas
A mixture of two cans cream of mushroom soup and 4 Tbsp. milk
3 cups shredded cheese
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Boil noodles until done; drain and rinse. Mix soup and milk together until smooth. Microwave peas until half-cooked (about 3 minutes on high). Mix all ingredients together and pour into two casserole dishes. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment