Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mini Grilled Cheese with Cranberry, Turkey, and Brie



This recipe was next to the recipe for pumpkin muffin turkey sandwiches in People Magazine, Nov. 16, 2009. They recommended using pumpernickel bread, but pumpernickel makes me yak, so I just like to use plain old white bread. Preferably Grandma Sycamore's bread. Aw yeah, baby.

I love turkey/Brie sandwiches. The first western meal we ate after living in Baoding, Hebei, China for three months was in Beijing, where we toured for a few days before returning home. We ate at an Italian sandwich place in the Silk Market, and I ate like ten turkey/brie sandwiches. Nothing has ever tasted so good to me in my life. I didn't see any turkey the whole time we were in Baoding. Chicken feet to munch on, yes. Sheeps brains, yes. Chicken stomachs, yes. But no turkey to be found.

And now that I've ruined your appetite (unless you're Chinese), here's the recipe:

Mini Grilled Cheese with Cranberry, Turkey, and Brie

12 slices bread
1/2 cup leftover cranberry sauce
1/2 pound Brie
Leftover turkey meat
4 tbsp. butter

1. Lay out six slices of bread. Spread each with cranberry sauce, Brie, and leftover turkey. Top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
2. Melt butter in skillet (be careful not to burn). When butter starts sizzling, add sandwiches, and cook until golden brown. Remove from skillet and cut into quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment