Monday, October 31, 2011

Mom Carrots


Ben la-hoves these carrots. And they couldn't be any easier to make. My mom gave me a bunch of carrots from her garden - the last of them - and it was the perfect way to use the carrots up. And the perfect way to make Benny smile. :) I got this recipe from my mama.

Mom Carrots

Peel carrots and slice them julienne-style. Steam them for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a serving bowl. Put in a whooooole bunch of butter - I honestly probably put 3 to 4 Tbsp. of butter in this bowl shown in the picture. The carrots will be nice and hot and will melt the butter quickly. Stir the butter in really well until the carrots are all coated. Then add liberal amounts of seasoned salt. I'll sprinkle way more than I would if I was just putting salt on something, then stir the carrots, then sprinkle them again, then stir, then sprinkle them again, then stir.

And that's it. I know it's kind of vague - it's one of those things that you just learn how much butter and seasoned salt you like. Taste them every now and then to see how you're feeling about the taste. These are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment