Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rice


Okay, you're going to think I'm so dumb for putting this on here, but for reals, I think people need to know how to cook rice properly. Including every person living in Baoding, Hebei, China. I never once had good rice there. It's because they don't cook with margarine. It's really difficult to find butter, and I never once found any margarine. That's what makes good rice - a little bit of margarine and a little bit of salt. This is how my mom taught me to make rice. Once you do this, you'll never go back to plain old rice again:

Cooking Directions for Fluffy, Tender Rice

1. Combine 1 cup rice, 2 cups cold water, 1 Tbsp. margarine, and 1 tsp. salt in a 2 quart pan.
2. Bring to a brisk boil. Turn heat down very low and cover with a lid. Simmer for an additional 15-18 minutes or until all water is absorbed.

Yield: 3 cups of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment