Friday, June 17, 2011

Eggs Benedict


Eggs Benny is BAR NONE my favorite breakfast. I order it every time we eat out for breakfast, no matter what.

I have absolutely no patience to try to make hollandaise with a double-boiler. When I found a recipe for hollandaise that you can just make in a blender, I was thrilled!! Be aware though - once you make it, you can't heat it up again. If you put it in a microwave, the hollandaise will cook and harden, since there are so many egg yolks in it. So it's really important to make the sauce right before you serve your breakfast.

I got this recipe from cooks.com:

BLENDER HOLLANDAISE
1/2 cup butter
3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Dash of cayenne pepper
Place egg yolks in blender with the lemon juice, turn blender on high speed for 5 seconds to blend. Melt butter in microwave until almost boiling. Turn blender back on high speed and gradually pour in butter. It will thicken into a beautiful yellow hollandaise in 20-40 seconds. The sauce may be kept warm by placing the blender bowl in warm water. The sauce cannot be reheated.

I don't have an egg poacher, so I actually just fry some eggs over-easy to put on my eggs benny. I just make sure not to put pepper on the eggs when I fry 'em, since we've got the cayenne pepper in the hollandaise.

And then I just buy English muffins at the store. I prefer thinly-sliced deli ham on mine, instead of the thickly-cut ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment