Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pasta Primavera


Ugh, again, this picture is really misleading. I actually have a picture of what this should look like, but I can't get Adobe to work this morning. So we'll just use this picture for now, until I can make this and take a picture of it myself.

I got this recipe from People Magazine. Every now and then, they have this feature called "Dinner for Four, Under $10." That's music to my ears. I tried it out and actually made some extra for my sister when she had her surgery awhile back. It was yummmmmmmmmm. Be aware - the sauce will be pink in color, which is a little weird, but just close your eyes and eat, and all will be well.

Pasta Primavera

6 ripe Roma tomatoes
4 cloves garlic
1 generous handful fresh basil
1/2 cup pignoli nuts (pine nuts)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. fusilli or rotini pasta

1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil; one by one, stick each tomato on a fork and dip into the boiling water for about a minute. Remove from the pot, and, when cool, use your fingers to peel the skin off.
2. In a blender, mix tomatoes, garlic, and pignoli nuts. Salt and pepper to taste; when done, place the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
3. Cook and strain pasta. Pour it into a serving bowl; add the sauce and stir well.
4. Serve it dressed with some grated Parmesan, a couple of leaves of basil broken into pieces and a drizzle of olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment