Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mandarin Salad


Dude, I cannot find one picture on the web that looks like my mandarin salad. Don't worry; I'll post a picture of mine when I make it on Saturday. (The picture will not be nearly as pretty, though. But at least it will be accurate.)

This salad is my go-to when I want to add something fresh to a Chinese meal. It's the perfect yang to the yin of fried eggrolls or sweet & sour chicken over rice.

And yes, this is another recipe that Ben says he hates, but then he gobbles it down. What a weirdo.

Mandarin Salad

2 quarts salad greens, torn into pieces
2-3 ribs celery, chopped
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
3-4 green onions, sliced
1 c. grapes, cut in halves (I like red grapes with this salad, to provide a pretty color contrast)
1/2 c. pecans, chopped

Toss ingredients together. Just before serving, toss with this dressing:

Dressing

2 T. sesame seeds
3 T. sugar or honey
1 t. MSG (Yes, I use MSG. And yes, you can find it at the store. The brand name is "Accent.")
1 t. salt
pepper to taste
1/4 c. olive oil
2 T. vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment