Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tomato-Basil Pizza - CPK Style


Can I tell you how much I miss eating at CPK? Oh baby. It was my very most favorite place to eat when we lived in California. Nothing here in Southeast Idaho comes close, in my humble Kar Opinion.

Ben and I often try to figure out restaurant recipes, since we don't have a lot of our favorite restaurants close by. This is one of them.

Again, I've been too lazy to try to make my own pizza dough. I usually buy Boboli's. If any of you come across a fantastic pizza dough recipe, let me know! Who knows if there are Boboli's pre-made pizza crusts in Baoding. Or if there are even Western markets in Baoding. Yikes. Bikes.

Tomato Basil Pizza, CPK Style

Garlic Cream Sauce:
4 T heavy cream
2 pinches salt
dash of white pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. flour
4 T white wine

Simmer the minced garlic in a pan with the wine until it's softened. Add cream, pepper, and salt. If runny, add flour.

Put the sauce on the pizza, then put on fresh sliced Roma tomatoes (or chopped. I like mine chopped. Put on as much as you want), basil (as much as you want - I like to chop mine), and fresh Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, smoked Gouda, Mozzarella and shaved Pecorino Romano cheeses (or, if you don't have the other four cheeses, just put on a whole lotta mozzarella, again, as much as you want). Then throw the pizza in the oven until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment