Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hero Sandwiches


Dang. Small picture. But it was the closest I could get to a hero sandwich that looks like the ones I make.

Hero Sandwiches are perfect for summer. They're like unto sloppy joes, but much tastier, in my humble Kar Opinion.

And, no, I don't make meatballs for this recipe. I think meatballs are a waste of time. Unless you buy them pre-formed at Sam's Club. Those meatballs are gooooooooood. Sam's Club has really good food.

Italian seasoning is involved in this recipe. I chuckle whenever I think of the word "Italian." My stepfather-in-law pronounces it "Eye-talian." I think it's cute.

Hero Sandwiches

1 lb. ground beef
2 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sliced olives
1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
1 loaf baked french bread

Brown the beef. Drain the grease from it. Add minced onion, Italian seasoning, ketchup, and olives. I slice up the french bread to use as my bread for the sandwiches. But you could totally use hamburger buns if you wanted. Scoop the mixture onto one slice of bread, add the mozz. cheese, put another slice of bread on top, and heat the sandwiches in the microwave or oven until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment