Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pancakes or Waffles


This is my mom's pancake recipe. Quite honestly, once you have tried these pancakes, you will never, ever use a boxed mix for pancake batter again. They're just wayyy too good. My eight-year-old eats, like, four huge pancakes in a sitting. Which is impressive. Breakfast is his favorite meal.

We serve our pancakes and waffles with karo syrup instead of maple. Something I picked up from my cousins. Once again, after you've had karo syrup on pancakes, you'll never go back to maple. I'm just sayin'.

Pancakes or Waffles

1 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 T. oil
1 c. milk
1 egg
dash salt

For pancakes, mix all of the above together. For waffle, separate the egg, putting the yolk in with the other ingredients. Beat the egg white separately before adding to the pancake mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment