Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ham and Cheese Quiche



I'm making this bad boy tomorrow night. I wanted to make it tonight, but my thyroid kicked my butt all day and I could barely walk around, much less cook. So we had KFC. Sigh.

I use this pie crust recipe, of course. And I double this recipe, making two pies, because Ben likes it so much that he eats a WHOLE LOT of it.

Ham and Cheese Quiche

4 eggs
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup light cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced, cooked ham
1/2 cup cooked broccoli
1 9" unbaked pie crust

Beat eggs until fluffy. Add soup and cream. Sprinkle cheese, meat, and broccoli over pie crust. Follow with soup mixture. You'll bake for a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes at 350 degrees. I like to keep it uncovered for the first hour or so, and then cover it with foil and finish baking it for the remaining 40 minutes. If you keep it uncovered the whole time, the crust gets a little too brown for my taste.

Easy peasy lemon squeezie.

No comments:

Post a Comment