Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kevara's Salsa


When Ben and I were first married, there was a couple in our ward named Kevin and Kevara. Funny, huh? They were fantastic. Kevara was Superwoman.

She made some salsa once for a get-together, and I was so in love with it that I begged for her recipe.

I have not yet found a store-bought salsa that is as good as fresh-made salsa. I'd so much rather go to the work of making salsa myself. Later on, I'll put my fresh mango salsa on here, too. Kevara's salsa is tomato-based. And fantastic.

Kevara's Salsa

12-15 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/5 a bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 of an onion, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced

Blend it or keep it course and choppy, however ya like. If you blend it, you won't need to worry about dicing the tomatoes by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment