Friday, June 17, 2011

Mango Bean Salad


I put this on my regular blog a few weeks ago. The picture is totally pirated, of course. And you can kind of tell, because there are red onions in the above pics, but there aren't red onions in my salad. Someday I'll take a picture of my own concoction and put it on here.

Mango Bean Salad

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can small red beans, drained and rinsed
1 can shoepeg corn (this just looks like smaller, whiter corn. I don't see why regular canned corn wouldn't work)
1 red pepper, minced
2 large semi-ripe mangos, chunked
1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro

Dressing:
1 clove garlic, minced
2 limes, juiced (I just used bottled lime juice and guesstimated how much equals lime from two juices)
1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. honey
1 T olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment