Friday, June 17, 2011

Honey Lime Fruit Salad


Yep, another one from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. I think she and I are Identical Tastebud Twins. I am so in love with all of her recipes.

I made this tonight for dinner, and Ben could not get over how good it was. It's the lime zest, dude. Lime ZEST is the BEST. Ben normally isn't a fruit salad lover, but he couldn't stop eating when I put this in front of him. Which makes me happy. And makes his digestive system happy, eh?

Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Printable Version
Printable Version with Picture


*Note: This fruit salad is best served right away (or at least within an hour of making) because the strawberries tend to stain the light colored fruit. It doesn’t affect the taste at all but is a slight bummer for presentation.

*Serves 4

1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained well
1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
2-3 ripe kiwi, peeled and sliced into thick half moons
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 cup strawberries, quartered
Zest from one lime, about 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)

Combine the fruit in a medium-large serving bowl. Add the lime zest and poppy seeds, if using, and gently toss. Drizzle the honey over the fruit and again, gently mix until the fruit is evenly coated with the honey. Serve.

Recipe Source: adapted from my cousin Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment